If you would like to share a calendar with someone else on campus, please use OWA (web mail) to make all initial share invites. We have found that even though you are able to send the invites for the shared calender through Outlook 2013, it does not always share the calendar properly. If this is done through OWA, this will create the share correctly and all granular permissions can be made through Outlook 2013 after.
Please follow these steps to create the initial share:
- Navigate to http://owa.findlay.edu and log into your email.
- Click on the apps icon in the upper left corner of your screen and select Calendar
- Once your calendar loads, locate the calendar that you wish to share, right click on it and select 'Share Calendar'
- On the right side of your screen a permission box will appear. Search for the people you would like to share the calendar with here.
- Once you have selected the people that you would like to share it with, you may select the drop down next to their main to give them their initial share permissions.
- Once set, select Send at the top of this window and this will send the invite to each individual selected to share the calendar.
- At this time you may use Outlook 2013 to grant more granular permissions for each person for this shared calendar. If you would like help with this or have a more in-depth explanation, please contact Technology Support Services.
If you have any questions or need help, please contact Technology Support Services at 419-434-4357 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.