- Connect the microphone. It may connect via a USB cable or using a microphone cable.
- Open System Preferences by going to the Apple Menu () > System Preferences.
- In the System Preferences window, click Sound.
- Choose Input.
- Choose your microphone.
- If your microphone is connected via USB, the microphone name may appear here.
- If your microphone is connected by a microphone cable, choose Line In.
- When you select the microphone, the you will be able to see movement in the volume level if you speak.
Close the window since your changes are automatically saved.
How to Setup a Microphone on a Mac Print
Modified on: Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 2:27 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.