These instructions will ONLY work for University owned computers. All personal computers will not be able to connect to network printers and must use the Oiler Print Release solution in order to print.
To install a printer using Windows 10:
- Locate the sticker on the front of the printer. This will have the queue name printed on it.
- Right click on Start and click on Run.
- Type in control Printers.
- Click the 'Add a Printer' button at the top of the window.
- Once the list populates, find your printer.
- Click the printer and select Next.
- This will set up the printer to be used on your computer.
- If necessary, check the "Set as default printer" check box after receiving the 'You've successfully added' message.
- Select Finish.
To install a printer using a Mac:
- Download and install the Canon Driver.
- Once installed, click on the Apple symbol in the upper left corner of your screen and select System preferences.
- Click Printers & Scanners
- Click the '+' in the lower left hand corner.
- In the initial window, the printers should list. Select the correct printer in the list. (Skip to #8)
- If the printers do not list, select the IP icon at the top
- Enter the IP address of the printer needed. If you need to know the IP address, please call TSS x4357.
- In the name field, you may enter a name for the printer so you may identify the printer easier.
- Click Select printer Software
- In the filter field, type 5240 (Double check this, as it may not always be correct)
- Click the printer in this list and select OK
- Once the printer is added, click on the magnify glass in the upper right hand corner and search for Terminal.
- Launch Terminal
- Enter this command: cupsctl WebInterface=yes then press enter
- Open a web browser and enter the following command in the address bar: localhost:631
- You will be prompted to log in, enter your log in credentials. If you are not an admin on the computer, you will have to give TSS a call to finish this installation.
- Once authenticated, click on the printer tab and select the printer that was just installed.
- Click the Printer tab at the top.
- Click on Administration drop down and select ‘Set Default Options’.
- Set the following options:
Cassette Feeding Unit = On
Output Options = Inner Finisher E1
Select General at the top, scroll down to Color Mode = Black and White
Scroll to the bottom of the window and click ‘Set Default Options’.
- Once these settings are saved, you may close this web browser window and send a test print.
If you have any questions or need help with this, please Technology Support Services at x4357.