If you get the error that looks like this follow the directions below:
- Open Sophos and click About in the bottom right corner then click "Run Diagnostics Tool".
- Click Pre-requisites on the right side and click the Allow full Disk access button.
- Click the apple menu in the top right > Click System Settings > Click Privacy & Security on the left side > Click Full Disk Access in the right pane.
- Switch back to the Sophos Diagnostics instructions and drag the Sophos icon from that window to the Full Disk Access pane.
- Authenticate with your password when prompted and click the Quit & Reopen button.
- After 1-2 minutes the diagnostics tool should light up with all green checkmarks and everything should be running properly.