VPN IS PROVIDED FOR SPECIFIC USE CASES AND NOT EVERYONE HAS ACCESS TO VPN.
IF YOU HAVE A LEGITIMATE USE CASE FOR HAVING VPN ACCESS PLEASE SUBMIT A TICKET TO firstname.lastname@example.org TO DISCUSS YOUR USE
Windows Fortinet VPN Installation and configuration
4. Next Accept the license agreement and click “Next”
7. Once the Forticlient Console has launched, select the “Configure VPN” link.
8. Next enter the following information.
b. Description can be left blank
9. Next select the check box for ”Enable Single Sign On (SSO) for VPN Tunnel”
11. After the client is configured you are ready for connect by just select the “SAML Login” button to connect.
12. After selecting the “SAML Login” button, you will be asked to log in with your UFnet credentials and MFA. Once connected the FortiClient will minimize to the tool bar.
13. When you want to disconnect, just right click on the FortiClient shield in the tool bar and select disconnect.
MacOS Fortinet VPN Installation and configuration
- Click the link to download the app: https://links.fortinet.com/forticlient/mac/fabricagent
- Click the "FortiClient_OnlineInstaller.dmg" that downloads and run the "FortiClientFullInstaller.app"
- Click "Open" if prompted. Wait until the Downloading FortiClient window finishes then click the "Install" button.
- Click "Continue" > "Continue" > "Agree" > "Install" > Then authenticate to install > Approve and allow all security warnings and pop-ups > Open System Settings >Privacy & Security > Scroll to the "Details..." button as pictured below > Toggle both options on and click "OK" > Click "Close" on the installer window.
- Open the "Forticlient.app" on your mac. Click "OK" for any prompts that come up.
- On the left side click "REMOTE ACCESS" > Then click "Configure VPN.
- Connection name: Findlay.edu
Remote Gateway: vpn.findlay.edu
Check "Enable Single Sign-On (SSO) for VPN Tunnel"
- Click SAML Login and Authenticate.