What is Airserver?
Airserver is a small computer that connects to UF TV and projector displays in the classrooms. This runs popular wireless display software such as AirPlay (Apple MacOS and iOS) and Miracast (Windows and some Android devices). This allows you to bring in your computing device and connect wirelessly to the TV or projector in your classroom. We plan to complete this rollout in time for the Spring 2022 semester in every classroom!
Setup the projector or TVs in the classroom
- Turn on the projector or TVs
- Set the projector input to HDMI
- Ensure the Airserver "How to connect" screen is showing (This may require changing the input setting on the HDMI switch on the desk. The Airserver is usually on 2 or 3).
- Connect your device to the AirServer (see below for instructions).
Windows (Dell and Lenovo computers)
- Press Windows key and K on the keyboard at the same time.
- In the Windows Connect interface, click the AirServer for the room you are in.
- Type in the 4 digit code shown on the screen and click Connect.
MacOS (Apple Macintosh computers)
- Click the Switches menu in the top right to the left of the date and time.
- Click on screen mirroring.
- Click on the AirServer for the room you are in.
- Type in the 4 digit code shown on the screen and click OK.
•iOS (iPhones and iPads)
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen (Touch ID devices) or swipe down from the top right of the screen (Face ID devices).
- Tap Screen Mirroring.
- Tap on the AirServer of the room you are in.
- Type in the 4 digit code shown on the screen and tap OK.
NOTE: The Airserver will NOT work on ufindlay-guest.