Zoom Cloud Recordings are intended to accommodate the ease of recording content directly to Zoom's service. However, due to the limited storage that is available, users who want to save their cloud recordings beyond a particular date will need to download the cloud recording and then store it in YouTube, One Drive, or Canvas Studio. Downloading the Zoom Cloud recordings is necessary as these recordings will only be available for 120 days starting August 1st, 2023. Please use the following steps to download a Zoom Cloud recording:
- Navigate to https://findlay.zoom.us/signin and sign in.
- Select Recordings on the left pane.
- On the row of a recording, select More and click Download.
- These files will contain the video (.mp4), a transcript file (VTT), and possibly an audio file (.mp3) of the recorded meeting.
- The transcript file (VTT) can be opened in Notepad or another text reader if you would want them saved.
- Save the files that are needed locally and then transfer the video file to either YouTube, One Drive, or Canvas Studio depending on your video needs.
Please use the following links for help uploading your video content to a specific location:
If you need assistance migrating Zoom cloud recordings to YouTube, OneDrive, or Canvas Studio, please contact Technology Support Services at 419-434-4357 x1 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.