Please use the following instructions to add Zoom to your course menu and create Zoom meetings for your class:
- You will need to make sure Zoom is included in your Course Navigation. Zoom can be added by following these steps. If you would like more information on course navigation it can be found here.
- In Canvas, access the class you want to use Zoom in.
- In the left-side course navigation menu, click on "Settings" and then click on the "Navigation" tab at the top.
- Locate "Zoom" in the second list of available applications, click, and drag it into the top list where you want it to appear in the menu.
- Click on the blue "Save" button at the bottom.
- Click on "Home" and check that "Zoom" shows in the left-side course navigation menu.
- Click on Zoom in your Course menu.
- Select the 'Schedule a New Meeting' button.
- Select your desired video, audio, and meeting settings and click Save.
- Once saved, a review of your meeting will be displayed.
- You may add this meeting to your calendar from this screen by clicking on the desired Calendar available.
- When ready for the meeting to start, click on Zoom in your course menu, select the meeting topic, and then click Start Meeting.
Note: When you create a Zoom meeting through a Canvas course, ALL students will get a notification and be able to participate in the meetings. If you need to set up an individual meeting with one student or only certain students in the course, set up the meeting through findlay.zoom.us instead and share the meeting info with the student(s) through email or a calendar invite.
If you have any questions or issues, contact Technology Support Services