- If you are an Owner, you can easily change the ownership of individual documents and folders in Drive.
- Go to Drive or a Docs, Sheets, or Slides home page.
- Open the sharing box:
- In Drive: Select the file or folder and click the share icon at the top.
- In a Docs, Sheets, or Slides home page: Open the file and click Share in the top-right corner of the file.
- Type the email address of the new owner in the “Invite people” field. Click Share & save.
- Click Advanced in the bottom-right corner of the sharing box.
- Click the drop-down menu next to the name of the person you want to own the file or folder.
- Select “Is owner”. Click Done.
Modified on: Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 8:49 AM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.