Currently, no migration option is available to move Question Banks directly to Item Banks for the use with New Quizzes. The following steps will assist you with migrating these Question Banks into an Item Bank.
Add Question Bank Questions to Classic Quiz
- Log into Canvas: https://canvas.findlay.edu.
- Select the Course you’d like to work in.
- Click on Quizzes in the left-hand navigation menu.
- Click on + Quizzes in the top right-hand corner.
- Select Classic Quizzes in the pop-up menu that appears.
- Click Submit in the bottom right-hand corner of the pop-up menu.
- Enter a Title for the quiz. It may be best to give it the same title as the Question Bank that you would like to export that contains the course_id within it.
- Click on the Questions tab.
- Click on Find Questions in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Select the Question Bank that you would like to migrate to an Item Bank.
- Click Select All. Alternatively, only select the questions that you would like to migrate.
- Scroll to the Bottom of the pop-up menu.
- Click Add Questions at the bottom of the pop-up menu.
- Scroll to the Bottom of the page.
- Click Save in the bottom right-hand corner of the page.
Export Classic Quiz with Question Bank Questions
- Select Settings in the course menu.
- On the right pane, select Export Course Content.
- Under Export Type, select the radial button to Quiz.
- In the quiz list, select the checkbox of the one quiz to export.
- Click the Create Export button.
- A progress bar will begin.
- Once completed, a link for an Export will be available.
- Click on the New Export link and save the export .zip file to your computer.
Import Classic Quiz Export into an Item Bank
- Click on Item Banks in the course menu.
- Create a new item bank, name it, and select the checkbox to assign this item bank to this course.
- Open the Item Bank that has been created.
- Select the 3 dot menu in the upper right corner and select Import Content.
- In the popup window, select Browse.
- Navigate to the saved .zip export file, select it, and open it.
- Click the Import button.
Once the import is completed, the name of the Item Bank will have changed to what the Classic Quiz name was when it was exported. It is suggested that you name the initial classic quiz to contain the course_ID and section or year to help identify the Item Bank.