You can share your Canvas course to Commons and make it available to other instructors.
Resources in a course should be completed before they are shared to Commons. To share a course to Commons, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to the course you wish to share to Commons.
- In the Global Navigation, select Settings.
- In the sidebar on the right, click on the 'Share to Commons' link.
- A course shared through Commons retains the published/unpublished status of when it was originally shared. If you share a published course, when others import that course, it will be published.
- Choose a "Who can use this resource?" option.
- Choose a Content Type (Optional)
- Choose Content License.
- Add Metadata (Title/Description/Tags/Image)
- Add Grade level of course.
- Select the Share button to complete the upload to Commons.
It may take up to 30 minutes to process a resource. The preview of your course in Commons will not be available while the resource is being processed.