The New Quiz tool is available in each course moving forward. Starting June 2024, the New Quiz tool will be the only quizzing tool that you can use in Canvas. You can migrate your current quizzes to use the new tool. To do this, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to Quizzes in your course.
- An old quiz will be depicted with a hollow rocket icon:
- Click the 3 dots at the end of the quiz row and select Migrate.
- Once the migration of the quiz is finished, you may receive a notification of a completed course export. Canvas is working on changing this notification to state it is from a quiz migration.
- A migrated quiz will have a dark filled-in rocket icon:
- You can run multiple quiz migrations simultaneously in the same course.
- Repeat these steps for each quiz to migrate to the new quiz tool.
The following video will guide you through how to create quizzes in the New Quiz tool once it is enabled in your course.
New Quizzes will be enabled in June 2024 with Classic Quizzes being turned off. Migration tools are available when you perform a course copy of a course. If there are any Classic Quizzes in your course at the time of a course copy, by default, these will automatically be migrated to a New Quiz copy. If you have any questions or issues during the migration of courses, please contact ATS for assistance.