When starting a Canvas quiz you may receive the following message:
This quiz is restricted by an access code.
You'll need to ask your teacher or proctor to type in
or tell you the access code in order to take the quiz.
Please remember that you DO NOT need a password to take the quiz. This message is caused by an incompatible browser, not having the Proctorio extension installed, or using an outdated Proctorio extension.
Here are some troubleshooting steps that will help with Proctorio working:
1. Make sure you are using the latest Google Chrome browser and the Proctorio Extension
- Download Proctorio Extension to get the most current version.
2. Log out of all Google Accounts within the Chrome browser.
3. Try turning the Proctorio Extension Off and then back On.
- Click the 3 dot menu in the upper right corner of Google Chrome.
- Select More Tools-->Extensions.
- Locate the Proctorio Extension and click the switch to turn it off.
- Close and restart Google Chrome, repeat the process and re-enable the Proctorio Extension.
4. If it is still not working, please follow these instruction to remove Google Chrome and its profile:
- Click the Start button on the desktop and select the Settings icon (gear).
- Select Apps.
- Select Apps and Features.
- Listed are installed applications, locate Google Chrome, select it and click Uninstall.
- Once removed, you will now locate the Chrome directory and delete it.
- Click start and type "Run" then press enter.
- The Run window will pop up above your taskbar.
- Copy and paste this command in the run prompt: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google
- Click OK.
- In the window that opens, select and delete the Chrome folder.
- Once this is deleted, reinstall Google Chrome and the Proctorio Extension
If you still are having trouble with accessing your test, please contact Proctorio Support.