You may import a Blackboard Archived course into a Canvas course. Once you have created an archive of your Blackboard course, please follow these steps to import it into a Canvas course:
- In your Canvas course, click on Settings at the bottom of the course menu.
- On the right menu, click Import Course Content
- In the Content Type drop-down menu, select Blackboard 6/7/8/9 export .zip file.
- Click the Choose File button to then browse for the Blackboard Course .zip file and select Open.
- In the Default Question Bank drop-down menu, select Create new question bank.
- Select All content from the Select Migration Content option.
- If you wish to adjust due dates for assignments, select the Adjust events and due dates check box.
- Click the Import button.
- Any current and past imports will show below in the View Current Job section.
Once the content is imported into your course, it is recommended to cross reference your content to make sure all data is present. If it is not, you may have to copy/paste or download specific information from Blackboard and add it to your Canvas course.
If you have any questions or issues, contact Technology Support Services