Copying content from one course to another can help with setup time for the next semesters class. Please follow these steps to perform a course copy from an older course into your current course:
- Navigate to the course that you would like to copy content from.
- Under Course Management, click on Packages and Utilities then select Course Copy
- Once in the Course Copy tool, next to the Destination Course ID field, click the Browse button.
- This pop up will list all the courses that you are an instructor for. You may have to expand this window to get a better view of your course list.
- You may use the search box at the top to help locate your course.
- Select your course using the radial button on the left and click the Submit button that is located at the bottom of the pop-up window.
- Once selected, the Destination Course ID will not be filled in.
- Click the Select All butt at the top of the "Select Course Materials" section.
- Select Submit at the bottom of this page.
This will copy all the contents of this course to your destination course. It is always easier to delete content not needed then attempt to pick and choose the content you want. Some content in courses requires multiple items to be selected in order to be copied, such as Tests and Assignments. Once the course copy is finished, you will receive an email of this completed operation. The time to copy can range from 5-30 minutes depending on the size of the course.