Adding categories to your Grade Center columns have several benefits that can help with organization or even weighted grades.
To add a category, follow these steps:
- In Grade Center, click on the Manage drop down and select Catagories.
- Default categories are available with any course. You may create your own.
- To add a category, click Create Catagory at the top, add a name/description and select submit.
When creating a test, assignment, or survey, the category will automatically be selected as such.
To change a column category, follow these steps:
- In Grade Center, click the drop-down of the column and select Edit Column Information
- Chose the correct category from the category drop-down list
Having added categories to your Grade Center columns can also assist you in viewing specific information at one time while using Smart Views. Smart views are the additional links below the Full Grade Center link in your Course Management menu that are created by the system automatically that show only Assignments and Tests. These two Smart Views are displaying columns of specific categories. To learn more about Smart Views and how to create and manage them, Click Here.
If you have any questions or issues, contact Technology Support Services