1. Click on finder and select go from your apple menu
2.Select Connect To Server
3. In the Server address please type smb://SERVERNAME.FINDLAY.EDU/DRIVEPATH
If you're logged in with a different user and need to put in an alternative username and password use this:
This will prompt for login credentials.
4. Click connect at the bottom right of the menu
5. If prompted, log in with your UFnet username and password
Click connect after you type in your UF account information. You will be prompted with your share window.
6.Afterwards click on Finder and you will see the drive under the shared portion on the right hand side of Finder
7. If the icon does not show up on the desktop you may need to turn on "Show on desktop: Connected servers"
From the desktop click on Finder > Preferences and click the checkbox on Connected Servers.
8. To make a shortcut for the user, click on the connected server icon, click the File menu and choose Make Alias.
Once the Alias is created the user won't have to do any of the above steps any more and you can turn off showing the connected server on the desktop to keep the desktop clean.